Would anyone like to recommend some 3D printing software to our members? I know we’ve got people who are interested and not sure where to start. I’m planning an article for the next Panellist, but I don’t have the expertise to rate the different options myself. So far I’ve heard of:
- TinkerCad and SketchUp — free and designed for beginners. Any good? Too simplistic?
- Blender — free, but looks like it’s more for graphic design and animation? Useful or rubbish?
- Fusion 360 — free if you’ve got access to an .ac.uk email. We get 2 x £20 licences as a charity. After that, £££££. Thoughts?
- Alibre Atom — Derby panel have wrangled us a deal of £168 per licence in return for some good publicity. Worth it?
- Solidworks — Expensive! Expect this would be out of our budget even after a negotiated discount.
What are you all using? What have I missed? What are your thoughts? Please leave a comment or ping me an email (email@example.com). My Panellist article is depending on you guys!